Terms and Conditions
In accordance with articles L211-8 et L211-18 of the Tourism Code, the provisions of articles R211-5 à R211-13 of the Tourism Code, the text of which is reproduced below, do not apply to travel ticket reservations or sales which are not part of a tourism package.
The organiser’s brochure, quotation, proposal or programme constitutes the prior information referred to in article R211-7 of the Tourism Code. Consequently, in the absence of provisions to the contrary on the front of this document, the characteristics, specific conditions and price of the journey as indicated in the organiser’s brochure, quotation or proposal shall be binding as soon as the registration form is signed.
In the absence of a brochure, quotation, programme or proposal, this document, until it is signed by the buyer, constitutes the prior information referred to in article R211-7 of the Tourism Code. It will become null and void if not signed within 24 hours of its distribution.
In the event that the contract is transferred, the transferor and/or the transferee shall settle the resulting expenses beforehand. If these expenses exceed the amounts displayed in the sales outlet and those indicated in the contractual documents, supporting documents shall be provided.
LOIRE VALLEY TRAVEL has taken out an insurance policy guaranteeing its professional civil liability up to 1 500 000 euros with the company HISCOX.
Extract from the Tourism Code.
Article R211-5 : Subject to the exclusions set out in the second paragraph (a and b) of article L.211-8, any offer or sale of a travel or holiday service must be accompanied by the provision of appropriate documents satisfying the rules defined by these regulations.
In the event of the sale of air travel tickets or travel tickets for any regular travel service that are not accompanied by other services associated with the journey, the vendor supplies the buyer with one or more travel tickets for the full extent of the journey provided by the transporter or under its authority. In the case of charter transport, the name and address of the transporter on whose behalf the tickets are issued must be given.
Separate billing of the various elements making up a tourism package do not remove the vendor’s obligations under these regulations.
Article R211-6 : Before the contract is signed the vendor must communicate to the buyer, in written form including the vendor’s corporate name, address and authorisation to conclude business, information about the price, dates and other details of the services to be provided relating to the journey or the holiday such as:
- The destination, the means of transport and the characteristics and categories of transport used:
- The accommodation, its location, level of comfort and main characteristics, its certification and tourism classification corresponding to the regulations or practices of the destination country:
- Meals provided:
- A description of the itinerary in the case of a tour:
- The administrative and health-related formalities to be carried out in the event of border crossings, together with the periods of time allowed for such formalities to be completed:
- The visits, excursions and other services included in the package or, where applicable, available at extra cost:
- The minimum or maximum group size for the journey or the holiday to take place, and, if the journey or holiday is subject to a minimum number of participants, the date by which the buyer must be informed if the journey or holiday is cancelled; this date may not be set at less than twenty-one days before the departure date:
- The amount or percentage of the price payable as a deposit on signing the contract, and a payment schedule for the remainder:
- The arrangements by which the prices stipulated in the contract may be revised, in application of article R.211-10 :
- Contractual cancellation conditions:
- The cancellation conditions defined in articles R.211-11, R.211-12, and R.211-13 below:
- Details of the risks covered and the amounts guaranteed under the insurance policy covering professional civil liability in the case of travel agencies and civil liability in the case of non-profit-making associations and organisations and local tourism organisations:
- Information about the option of taking out insurance to cover the consequences of certain cases of cancellation or certain specific risks such as repatriation expenses in the event of accident or illness.
Article R211-7 : The prior information provided to the buyer constitutes an obligation for the vendor, unless the vendor has expressly reserved the right to modify certain elements in the prior information. In this case, the vendor must indicate clearly the effects of such modifications and which elements are affected.
Article R211-8: The contract between the vendor and the buyer must be in written form, in two copies, one of which is provided to the buyer, and signed by both parties. It must include the following clauses:
- 1/ The names and addresses of the vendor, the vendor’s guarantor and the vendor’s insurer, as well as the name and address of the organiser;
- The travel destination or destinations, and, in the case of a holiday split into different periods, the dates of the periods;
- The means of transport used, their characteristics and categories, with the dates, times and places of departure and return;
- The accommodation, its location, level of comfort and main characteristics, and its tourism classification corresponding to the regulations or practices of the destination country;
- The number of meals included;
- The itinerary in the case of a tour;
- The visits, excursions or other services included in the total price of the journey or the holiday;
- The total price of the billed services, and an indication of any revision of this billed price by virtue of the provisions of article R211-10;
- A description where relevant of any fees or taxes associated with certain services such as taxes on landing, embarking or disembarking in ports and airports or temporary residence taxes, where they are not included in the price of the service(s) provided;
- A payment schedule and description of the payment method; the last payment made by the buyer may in no case be less than 30% of the price of the journey or holiday and must be made when the documents making the journey or holiday possible are delivered;
- The particular terms requested by the buyer and accepted by the vendor;
- The arrangements by which the buyer may make a claim against the vendor in the event that the vendor fails to carry out the provisions of the contract or does so unsatisfactorily. Such claims must be sent as soon as possible by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt to the vendor, and may be sent by letter to the journey organiser and the service provider;
- The date by which the buyer must be informed in the event that the journey or holiday is cancelled by the vendor if a minimum number of participants is required for the journey or holiday, in accordance with the provisions of item 7 in article R211-6 above;
- Conditions for cancelling the contract;
- The cancellation conditions defined in articles R211-11, R211-12 and R211-13 below;
- Details of the risks covered and the amounts guaranteed under the insurance policy covering the consequences of the vendor’s professional civil liability;
- Details of the insurance policy covering the consequences of certain cases of cancellation taken out by the buyer (policy number and name of the insurer) and the policy covering certain specific risks, such as repatriation in the event of accident or illness; where such a policy has been taken out, the vendor must provide the buyer with a document specifying at least the risks covered and those not covered;
- The date by which the vendor must be informed if the contract is transferred by the buyer;
- A commitment to provide the buyer with the following information in writing, at least 10 days before the planned departure date:
a) the name, address and telephone number of the vendor’s local representative, or, failing this, the names, addresses and telephone numbers of local organisations likely to help the buyer in case of difficulty, or, failing this, a telephone number by which the vendor can be contacted in an emergency;
b) for journeys and holidays for minors abroad, a telephone number and an address where the child or the responsible adult can be contacted at the destination.
Article R211-9: The buyer may transfer the contract to a transferee who fulfils the same conditions as the buyer in terms of the journey or holiday, as long as the contract has no effect.
In the absence of stipulations that are more favourable to the transferor, he or she shall inform the vendor of his or her decision by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt seven days before the departure date at the latest. In the case of a cruise, this period is extended to fifteen days.
In no case is such a transfer subject to the prior approval of the vendor.
Article R211-10: When the contract provides explicitly for the possibility of price revision, within the limits defined in article L.211-13, it must state the precise calculation methods for variations in price, either upwards or downwards, including the amounts of transport fees and associated taxes, the currency or currencies which could affect the price of the journey or the holiday, the element of the price subject to variation, and the rate of the currency or currencies used as a reference when calculating the price given in the contract.
Article R211-11: If the vendor is obliged to make a change to one of the essential elements of the contract, such as a significant price rise, before the buyer’s departure, the buyer may, without affecting any claims for compensation to cover any losses incurred, and after being informed by the vendor by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt:
• either cancel the contract and obtain full and immediate reimbursement of any sums paid:
• or accept the modification or the replacement journey offered by the vendor: an amendment to the contract specifying the changes made is then signed by both parties: any reduction in price is deducted from the sums still payable by the buyer, and if the payments already made by the buyer exceed the modified price for the service the excess must be repaid to the buyer before the date of his or her departure.
Article R211-12: In the case provided for in article L.211-15, when the vendor cancels the journey or the holiday before the buyer’s departure, the vendor must inform the buyer by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt; the buyer, without affecting any claims for compensation to cover any losses incurred obtains from the vendor the full and immediate reimbursement of any sums paid; in this case, the buyer receives compensation at least equal to the penalty he or she would have had to pay if the cancellation had come from him or her on the same date.
The provisions of this article in no way constitute a barrier to the reaching of an amicable agreement under which the buyer accepts a replacement journey or holiday offered by the vendor.
Article R211-13: If, after the buyer’s departure, the vendor finds it impossible to provide a significant part of the services agreed in the contract, representing a non-negligible percentage of the price paid by the buyer, the vendor must immediately take the following steps, without affecting any claim for compensation to cover any losses incurred:
• either offer new services to replace the planned services, the vendor bearing any extra cost involved, and if the services accepted by the buyer are of lesser quality, the vendor must reimburse the difference in price as soon as the buyer returns.
• or, if the vendor cannot offer replacement services or if such services are refused by the buyer for valid reasons, the vendor must supply to the buyer, at no extra cost, travel tickets for the buyer’s return to the departure point or to another place accepted by both parties, under conditions that can be considered equivalent.
In accordance with the data protection law, the customer has the right to correct the information mentioned in this document.